aXseum Solutions, LLC seeks a contingent Full-Time Database Administrator (PL/SQL Developer) to support the ATIA contract.
Role and Responsibilities:
This Database Engineer will bring solid skills as Database Administrator. The candidate must have extensive experience troubleshooting data-related issues, writing and tuning SQL queries, and developing/maintaining stored triggers, procedures, and functions. Candidate will be subject to customer IA/IT certification requirements since this work requires access to the underlying TDC Oracle database.
Job Title: Database Administrator (PL/SQL Developer) Job Location: Newport News, VA
- Ability to configure, monitor and maintain databases (preferably with SQL*Server, and NoSQL databases are a plus)
- Automate routine tasks with your own scripts
- Solve production problems and participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation
- Improve database backups and test recoverability regularly
- Study the database needs of our applications and optimize them
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong SQL Developer skills
- Ability to approach problems proactively and be a self-starter
- Well organized; exhibits attention to detail and a strong desire to document accurately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries to maximize performance in large data volume environments
- Experience developing SQL and PL/SQL (triggers, procedures, functions, views, etc.)
- Experience tuning SQL statements and working with “explain plans”
- Experience researching, gathering, analyzing, and compiling data in support of customer requests
- Experience extracting and transforming data from databases to generate reports and/or data exports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- RDBMS Certificate (OCA or OCP)
This posting is contingent upon award of the ATIA contract.
How to apply
Visit our website at www.axseum.com. Click on the “Join Our Team” section of our site. Complete and submit application via our website or download application and submit via fax (571) 482-2799. Please include resume with your submission.
aXseum Solutions, L.L.C. and its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation and gender identity. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity and sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability.